Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Lithosphere
What is the Lithosphere?
It is the rigid outermost shell of our rocky planet.
It is made up of the crust and a portion of the upper mantle.
It is broken up into tectonic plates.
The Oceanic Lithosphere
The Continental Lithosphere
The part of Earth's crust that underlies the continents and continental shelves
The hard upper mantle
Where the ocean is
These tectonic plates make underwater mountains
oceanic lithosphere: 2.9 grams per cubic centimeter
continental lithosphere: 2.7 grams per cubic centimeter
Oceanic lithosphere: 50-100 km thick
Continental lithosphere: 40-200 km thick
age of the oceanic lithosphere
age of continental lithosphere
What is the thickness of the oceanic lithosphere?
What is the density of the continental lithosphere?
What is the lithosphere made up of?
What is the thickness of the continental lithosphere?