Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SOLO Taxonomy for Kids
Transcript of SOLO Taxonomy for Kids
LIKE A HOUSE
To build it you need two 2 things
A plan (a way of structuring things)
There are 5 stages
building the house
What's different about each stage?
In any building project you need to know what you :
NEED to do NEXT
We can find that out using the SOLO taxonomy
SOLO stands for
SOLO simply helps us work out
what stage of the build we are on and
what we need to do to get to the next stage
The 5 Stages of Building Knowledge
Unconnected ideas, makes no sense
More connections are being created, but no real understanding of why those connections might be significant.
Keywords: combine, describe, list, order
Sees the significance of the various pieces of information and can develop relationships between them.
Keywords: Analyse, apply, argue, debate, compare, contrast, check, judge, critique, explain, moderate, relate, integrate, justify
Can make connections beyond the problem,
Can generalise and apply to new situation,
Can transfer learning and make links between subject areas.
Keywords: Reflect, evaluate, create, hypothesis, design, invent, conceptualise, theorise, project, abstract
One real idea.
Keywords: Identify, Name
These students do a great job of showing how SOLO can work
(like ideas, facts, observations ...)
(like theories, patterns, systems ...)
1) You have no real idea what to do
2) You have an idea but aren't sure how it fits in
3) You have several ideas but still can't see "the big picture"
4) You have lots of ideas and can see how they fit together into a bigger system
5) You can begin to use your understanding of the bigger picture to "think different" (and make slippers)
And has nothing to do with
Let's try it ourselves