Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Guggenheim in Bilbao: An overlook.
Transcript of The Guggenheim in Bilbao: An overlook.
- Reduced industrial decline.
- Tourism created – from 100,000 before 1997 to average of 800,000.
- Urban area rejuvenated.
- Spin-off employment created- higher standard of living.
- Divided opinions. Too much influence of American culture? Loss of Basque culture?
- Holistic plan for Bilbao
- 119,6 million vs. 228,3 million
- The Bilbao Effect
(168 million first five years & 27 million in taxation = 4000 jobs)
Guggenheim in Ireland?
- Numerous cities have attempted to recreate ‘The Bilbao Effect’. e.g. Sheffield & Biloxi
- Entire city of Bilbao was revitalised – e.g. new subway system & reconstruction of the airport.
- Potential for Waterford City?
-Revitalization of entire city as Bilbao did is key for success
- Iconic cultural and social hub for creativity
- Deconstructivism by Frank Gehry
- The Guggenheim Foundation
- Collect, preserve and interprets modern art, while exploring cross cultural ideas through innovative initiatives.
- Positive improvements VS. Criticism
- Our task
- The economic success story
- Risky initiatives
- Social effects
- Living standards
- Our recommedation