Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Constitution of the United State of America
Transcript of The Constitution of the United State of America
7 Principles of the Constitution
"WE THE PEOPLE"
All of these items share a common trait...what is it?
When something is popular it's what the people like and want.
They are all POPULAR in our culture today.
"RULE OF LAW"
No person or group of people are above the law.
Separation of Powers
We don't just limit the Power we DIVIDE it into three BRANCHES
Powers Given to the Government
The Power to Make Laws
The Power to Enforce the Laws
The Power to Interpret the Law
Conduct Foreign Policy
Balance of Power
Checks and Balances
Each branch of government can check, or limit, the power of the other branches.
Sharing Power Between the National and Federal Government.
People have rights and liberties that are protected such as freedom of the press, freedom pf assembly, and freedom of religion.
Voters hold the sovereign (authority) power
We elect representatives and give them the responsibility to make laws and run government