Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of AGRICULTURE
Techniques have changed!
the science and industry
the growth of plants
In agriculture, nowadays, farmers are still doing the
as in the ancient ages.
What has changed over the years?
What 's Agriculture?
for human use
Agriculture in the European Union
six million people are employed in agriculture, forestry and fishing.
Let's have a look at the pictures
amalgamation/fusion of small farms into bigger holdings.
the farmers get more and more conscious of the costs, profits, efficiency and business/marketing rules.
production methods are refined/improved and standardised/regulated.
Average crops yields
by more than 55%
since the 1950s
they are 2% of the Union's GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT
The economy of scales
increasing of production
extensive use of mechanization
took to a reduction of the labour force.
Modern production methods
reduce the costs
several kinds of food
selective breeding techniques
markets for farm
Food and Agricultural Organization