Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Writing YOUR FIRST STAAR EXPOSITORY
Transcript of Writing YOUR FIRST STAAR EXPOSITORY
English/Reading - Mrs. Evelyn Marie Hart-Benavides
The Writing Process!
What do you know about THE WRITING PROCESS?
What YOUR ROLE Is When It Comes to THE WRITING PROCESS!
The Steps of the Writing Process
- Brainstorm to generate ideas for writing. Use charts, story webs, and graphic organizers to help develop a word list for writing, decide the type of writing, and audience, and determine the purpose for writing.
- Put your ideas on paper. At this time, write without major attention to punctuation, grammar, or neatness. Some teachers may refer to this as a sloppy copy or rough draft. The purpose of the rough draft is for YOU to focus on YOUR ideas and get them on paper without the distraction or fear of making mistakes in grammar, capitalization, punctuation, or paragraph structure.
- Make improvements to your essay concerning CONTENT. Look for better words to express ideas and to make YOUR writing clearer.
- Use the rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling to clarify details. Try to improve your writing. Vary YOUR sentence structure.
- Produce a copy of YOUR writing with all corrections made from the revising and editing stage.
ANTICIPATORY GLIMPSE into YOUR 1st STAAR WRITING PROMPT
Brainstorm! Take a MINUTE to jot down everything that comes to mind when you look at the following TIME magazine cover. Use words that describe your FEELINGS, REACTIONS, THOUGHTS and IDEAS concerning the visual.
In groups of THREE (of my choosing), you will brainstorm and list what you know about the following steps of THE WRITING PROCESS:
In TEN minutes, we will come together as a class and you will SHARE what YOUR group came up with. Each group will receive a grade for this process. Stay on TASK! NO EXCUSES!
On your STAAR exam, you have a limited amount of time to WRITE TWO EXPOSITORY ESSAYS. Thus, it's very important to use your time WISELY when it comes to THE WRITING PROCESS. For every essay you write for this class AND for the STAAR, you will be expected to:
Your GENERATION is being referred to as "THE ME GENERATION" and "Generation 0" Why do you think this is the case? EXPLAIN.
Now let's take a look at this...
Now let's READ this...
YOUR WRITING PROMPT! YAY!!!
an essay EXPLAINING how selfishness can affect society?
Read the following quote.
Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Think carefully about the following statement.
The world has relied on people's generosity and concern for their fellow brother and sister to get through hard times. Unfortunately, today, many social scientists have noticed a swift change in this trend. Today's generations are more concerned about what they can get for themselves instead of thinking of the common good.
Let's GET STARTED!
How would we APPROACH this PROMPT?
Prewriting: BRAINSTORM! Think about what YOU already know about the following things when it comes to your prompt.