Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Doppelgänger Brand Images
Transcript of Copy of Doppelgänger Brand Images
Table of Contents
1) Definition Doppelgänger Brand Images
2) Cocreation of Brand Meaning
3) Starbucks´ Doppelgänger Brand Image
Basically it's the criticism of a certain brand that has become popular through emotional branding strategies.
Focused-brand parodies are diagnostic tools to reveal the brand's latent problems.
-> oppose these brands, even plague them.
What is the doppelgänger brand image?
What is the doppelgänger brand images?
Types of Doppelgänger Brand Images
*Critiques of corporate capitalism
Highlights any cultural contradictions
Warns if the brand's
value is shrinking
offers insights about
to adapt to changes
* Cultural creation for public awareness
* Antibrand activists
iPod's Dirty Secret
Antibrand Activism forms
* organized public relations
* informational campaigns
* "Joe Chemo" parodies of R.J. Reynolds'
Doppelgänger Brand Image
- cultural sophistication
- worldly engagement
- intellectual conversations
->place of conversation and individuality
Lack of Authenticity
The Cosmopolitan Motif
Local coffee shops:
- unique personality
- local culture
- uniformity (main-stream)
- worldwide standardization
The Owner/Artisan Motif
Local coffee shops:
- owner (authenticity, individual taste)
- personal connection between customers and owner
- artisan ideal (not serving masses)
- standardized corporation system
- serving the masses
*Portrays Apple as intentionally exploiting costumers by not offer a
replacement battery for this product.
by Cara and Van Neistat's
Cocreation of Brand Meaning
* Thompson, Craig. Emotional Branding and the strategic Value of the Doppelgänger Brand Image. Vol. 70 (January 2006). <http://research3.bus.wisc.edu/pluginfile.php/1090/mod_resource/content/0/Uploaded_Documents/Publications/Thompson_Rindfleisch_Arsel_2006.pdf>
* Kozinets, Robert V. Adversaries of Consumption: Consumer movements, Activism and Ideology. Vol 31 (December 2004). <kozinets.net/_oneclick_uploads/2007/12/adversaries_final.pdf>