Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Importance of magnesium & nitrate ions to plants
Transcript of Importance of magnesium & nitrate ions to plants
What are nutrients needed for?
Healthy growth of plants - without nutrients plants do not grow as well - deficiency symptoms.
Some nutrients used in the plants are NITRATE & MAGNESIUM IONS.
Necessary mineral used in the GROWTH of plants.
Magnesium is absorbed by plants to make CHLOROPHYLL.
Chlorophyll absorbs light used for PHOTOSYNTHESIS.
Provides nitrogen for the construction of vital molecules e.g. AMINO ACIDS.
Amino acids are used to make PROTEINS.
Proteins are required for GROWTH.
The lack of nitrate ions will result in poor growth rate.
The leaves of the plants lacking in nitrate will be a yellow colour.
Leaves witout chlorophyll look yellow.
This is a condition known as CHLOROSIS.
Leaves without magnesium will shrivel up and die.
Plants lacking in magnesium do not grow well.