Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Harry Styles
Harry Edward Styles belongs to a british boy band called One Direction which is currently the #1 boy band in America. One Direction currently has 2 albums, "Up all night" and "Take me home." They are also working on a third called "Where we are." He was born on February 1, 1994 (age 19), and is from the village of Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England. Harry Styles was born to his parents, Anne Cox and Des Styles and has one older sister named Gemma.
Early Life & Career
Harry's parents always knew that they had a star on their hands.Harry always loved singing, especially Elvis Presley's songs. Harry's parents got a divorce when he was only 7 years old, but he and his older sister always got to spend plenty of time with both parents growin up. As Hrry Styles got older, his love of music really took center stage. While attending Holmes Chaple Comprehensive School, Harry became the lead singer for the band "White Eskimo with friends Haydn Morris, Nick Clough and Will Sweeny. They performed at school events,Battle of the Bands, and even at a wedding!
In the Spring of 2010, Harry Styles decided to audition for the X-factor, a British competition for singing. He initially entered as a solo singer.He sang "Isn't she Lovely" by Stevie Wonder and really wowed the judges with it. He made it through the bootcamp, but at the end of it, he didn't move on. Although, the judges said that the only way that he could move on is if he was put in a group of 4 other boys instead of a solo artist. Harry agreed and was put with 4 other boys named Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Zyne Malik and Liam Payne. They all entered as solo artists but had the same problem. Right then and there, The band One Direction was born. The band had made it to the final level and achieved 3rd place.
- Harry is the youngest member of One Direction
- Harry's real name is Harold
- His Zodiac sign is Aquarius
- He is 5 feet and 10 inches tall
- Harry came up with the name "One Direction"
- His top three favorite movies are "Love actually", "Titanic" and "The Notebook"
- Before he started singing, he wanted to be a lawyer
- Harry's favorite food is sweet corn and his favorite drink is apple juice
- He once had a hamster named "Hamster"
- Harry's first word was "cat"
- When Harry eats a Twix bar, he makes sure he bites both of the fingers at the same to make sure neither of them get lonely.
Contributions towards the Community
One of the contributions that Harry Styles did for the community is helping young children with cancer feel happy. He had helped a little girl who had been suffering from cancer since December 2011 by giving her a free ticket to meet him. Sadly, she was too sick to see him in person, but Harry Styles didn't give up just yet, so he offered her to meet him on Skype. Another way that he helped the community is by donating money to poor children that were in need of it. He alone, had helped around 10 children by his contribution.
Hope you Enjoyed the Presentation!
Harry Styles has won countless awards by many different companies and reasons with and without his band mates. He has won 5 BBC Radio Teen Awards, 8 Billboard Music Awards, 3 Guinness World Record Awards, 6 Demand Honors, 4 JIM Awards, 21 MTV Music Awards worldwide, 16 Kids' Choice Awards worldwide, 4 Peoples' Choice Awards, 5 American Music Awards, 8 Teen Choice Awards, and many more. In total, Harry has won 81 awards in just
3 and a half years! Harry Styles and his band has also accomplished many other achievements. For example:
- In England, one of their concerts were sold out in only 12 minutes
- "Live While We’re Young" received 8.44 million views on it’s first day, beating any other Vevo artist.
- Up All Night reached number one in 16 countries.
Currently, Harry Styles is the lead singer of the magnificent band, One Direction. He is a great dancer and a fantastic singer.As i mentioned earlier, One Direction has written 2 albums called "Take me home" and "Up all night." They are working on a third album called"Where we are which will hopefully be available by Christmas 2013. One Direction is touring Sydney Australia and performed at several concerts there. Their latest concert was performed on Tuesday, October 24, 2013 at the Allphones Arena in Sydney Australia.
Although Harry Styles isn't an actor himself, he has done some acting in his life. At the very beginning of his fame, One Direction was offered to act in a popular T.V show called "iCarly." He played as himself, and pretended to get sick right before his big performance. Carly, the main character, started to give him special treatment and Harry enjoyed it very much. Soon, he got better, but still pretended to stay sick in the show so he could continue getting that special treatment. He didn't tell Carly or his band mates that he was pretending. But somehow, they found out and made a plan to change his mind about pretending. The plan worked and Harry stopped pretending and performed with his band mates. Harry Styles has also been in One Direction's first movie called "This is us," and again, played as himself.
Harry is very close to his mother, Anne, and his sister, Gemma. He even got tattoos dedicated to them and often shows his love for them. Harry Styles used to be "Good friends" with a television presenter, Caroline Flack between December 2012 and January 2013. He had also been "Close friends" with a singer, Taylor Swift, from October 2012 and January 2013. He is also friends with an English recoding Artist, Ed Sheeran,
1) Where and when was Harry Styles born?
2) What was the name of the band that Harry Styles was in before he auditioned for the X-factor?
3) Name at least 5 songs that One Direction wrote
4) Name all of the Albums that One Direction made
5) Which 2 places did Harry Styles act in?
- What makes you beautiful
- One Thing
- Up all night
- Best song ever
- Rock me
- Little things
- Heart Attack
- They don't know about us
- One way or another