Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Breakfast Club
Transcript of The Breakfast Club
- as being a bad person
- talks back rudely
- vandalizes their stuff
- acts tough
- cares a little bit more about others but not a whole lot
- found out other people care about him
- as being popular
- argue with them just enough that she won't get in trouble
- ignores a lot of it
- asks them to stop it
- cared for other people, not just herself
- felt kinda bad for the people that aren't as popular as her
- found out that not everyone can have the expensive things that she has
- being really smart
- socially awkward
- ignores some of it
- doesn’t talk to the person that is putting him down
- got confidence that he is very smart
- he shouldn’t put as much pressure on himself John John Brian Claire Claire Brian How he is judged How he is judged How she is judged How he deals with discrimination How she deals with discrimination How he deals with discrimination How she was transformed once she shared her frustration with others How he was transformed once he shared his frustration with others How he was transformed once he shared his frustration with others I selected John, Brian, and Claire for this project because they are all very different types of people, they can be appealing and disappointing throughout the movie. I find that they can all be both throughout the movie, appealing and disappointing. John is appealing because when they heard the principal walking through the halls, he ran around so they could get back to the detention room so they wouldn’t get in trouble. He is disappointing too because he has lack of respect, he picks on anyone he can. Brian is more appealing than disappointing because he follows the rules most of the time and he has high marks. Claire is appealing because at the end of the movie she learned to care for other people not just herself. She is also disappointing because she thinks she is better than everyone. That is why I picked them as my three characters and why they were appealing and disappointing to me. #7 John, Brian, and Claire didn’t know each other at the start of the movie. When they got into the detention room John started to pick on Claire for being a princess and picking on Brian for being a nerd. Throughout the movie John didn’t pick on them as much as what he did in the beginning because when they all told each other about thier lives they started to become closer as friends. Near the end of the movie John and Claire started to have feelings for each other. At the end of the movie John, Brian, and Claire all knew who each other were, but they most likely won’t be friends that hang out all the time. John has been unfairly judged by being a bad person. He has been judged by being a bad person because he is very rude and not very polite. John handles the discrimination by talking back rudely to them, like talking back to his principal after he discriminates John. He changes after he is able to talk to others by caring for other people a little bit more because he knows that their life isn’t that great either, it’s better than his but there not perfect. Brian has been unfairly judged by being a nerd. He has been judged by being a nerd because he gets almost perfect on every test but he struggles in tech. Brian handles discrimination by ignoring the person that is discriminating him. John makes fun of him for being a nerd but Brian doesn’t say anything back. Brian changes after he is able to talk to others by getting confidence that he is smart because he was very disappointed that he got an F on his tech project. Claire has been unfairly judged by being popular. She has been judged by being popular because she hangs out with the popular people but really they are not true friends because they are based around lies. Claire handles discrimination by asking the person to stop because when John was calling her a princess she asked him to stop it. She changes after she is able to talk to others by caring for other people. Not just herself because that is all she does and she thinks that she is popular but she ends up liking John that’s not in the popular group. John Brian Claire My personal opinion of the movie is that it had some really interesting parts but other parts weren’t really my favourites. One main part that interested me the most was when everyone was walking through the halls and they heard the principal walking in the halls too, so John told them to get back to the detention while he ran through the halls to distract the principal. Another reason the movie interested me was when they all told each other their problems and who’s family problems were better or worse than each others. One reason that the movie wasn’t really my favorite was at the beginning of the movie when they were all arguing about dumb things, like who is better than who and when they were judging each other about their personality. That is my personal opinion of the movie. Thanks for listening to my presentation, hope you enjoyed it! By Kim Hendrick