Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Phrasal Verbs.
Hot Air Balloon
Match every phrasal verb with its meaning.
What are Phrasal Verbs?
A Phrasal Verb is a combination of :
Verb / Adverb + Preposition
Choose the correct alternative to complete the sentence.
List of Phrasal Verbs.
List of Phrasal Verbs.
1. Can you call me BACK / DOWN when you get this message?
2. I can´t log ON / IN to my e-mail, I think I forgot my password.
3. I woke OFF / UP when the rooster crowed.
4. Charles grew DOWN / UP to be a lot like his father.
5. Sue and Tim broke UP/ IN last year.
6. He couldn't get OUT / ALONG with his mother-in-law.
7. She made ON / UP that story, I think she is lying.
1. back someone up
2. bring someone down
3. cheer up
4. get along
5. switch something on
6. warm up
7. come across something
a. Like each other
b. start the energy flow, turn on
c. Make unhappy
d. prepare body for exercise
e. become happier
f. find unexpectedly
Fill in the gaps with the appropriate phrasal verb.
1. We are ___________ at 5:00 pm, please don't be late.
2. I _________ on her, she is in love with someone else.
3. They said I lied, but my boss ______ me _______.
4. Are you ___________ to a restaurant tonight?
5. Can you ____________ the following form, please.
6. Cinderella ____________ from the party at midnight.
Read the following text.
Identify different outdoor activities.
Identify phrasal verbs.
Dear Mom and Dad:
This is my fifth day at summer camp. Life in the great outdoors isn't exactly what I expected, but I'm not starving so don't worry about me. I guess I should tell you about what I do every day. I wake up at 5:30 am but I get up at 6:00 am, then I dress up and we spend 2 hours working out. After that, I hang out with my new friend before breakfast. Later we all get together next to the bonfire and play different games. After lunch we practice different outdoor activities like sailing, surfing, swimming and trekking, which is my favorite one.
I'm getting along with my roommates but Andy last night made up a story about me, but all my roommates backed me up, I was so relieved.
Well, today is my last day, so I will enjoy it and tomorrow we can catch up