Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Polynomials
A term is a product of constant and variable. Constant means numbers. Variable means letters. Example : 4x, 20x2.
To factor a polynomial, first you find the greatest common factor among the coefficient, then you divide both terms by the GCF. Example : 5x - 10z + 45y = 5(x - 2z +9y)
To reduce a polynomial, you add or subtract the coefficient of the like terms. Like Terms are terms that have the SAME variable risen to the SAME exponents. Example : 10y2 and -6y2.
To multiply polynomials,
1) You multiply the coefficients.
2) For each variable that are alike, you add the exponent.
example : 3x2 . 5x5 = 15x7
Study the powerpoint and come up with different strategies to remember this definitions.
Monomial : one term ex: 5a
Binomial : two terms ex: 5a -10b
Trinomial : three terms ex: 5a - 10b +6c
To divide polynomial,
1) You divide the coefficient
2) For each variable that are alike, you subtract the exponents.
Algebra 1, Intermediate Algebra