Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Plagiarism
Transcript of Copy of Plagiarism
What is plagiarism?
Plagiarism is to take another person's work without giving them credit.
What is Academic Honesty?
An academically honest student:
1. Doesn't plagiarise
2. Doesn't cheat
3. Doesn't present false information
Academically Honest Students: IB Learner Profile Attributes
What IB Learner profile attributes do academically honest students show?
IB Learner Profile Attributes Explained
1. Principled- Honesty and Integrity
2. Reflective- The student finds his/her mistakes and fixes them
3. Knowledgeable- The student learns important information/ideas
4. Inquirer- The student wants to keep learning
What if you do Plagiarize?
1. Grade of the assignment
2. Grade of the course
3. Getting expelled from the university
How to Avoid Plagiarism?
1. Organize- Plan how you will include the information
2. Write down everything- Page numbers, website links, etc.
3. Get familiar with paraphrasing and quoting- If you don't do these correctly, you would plagiarise.
"International Baccalaureate Learner Profile Attributes." Takapuna Grammar School. Takapuna Grammar School, 2014. Web. 30 Nov. 2014. <http://www.takapuna.school.nz/teaching-learning/international-baccalaureate-learner-profile-attributes/>.
"Plagiarism." MsTomsonRecommends. Wikispaces, 2014. Web. 30 Nov. 2014. <https://mstomsonrecommends-onlineresources.wikispaces.com/Academic+honesty>.
"Preventing Plagiarism When Writing." Plagiarism.org. IParadigms, LLC., 2014. Web. 29 Nov. 2014. <http://www.plagiarism.org/plagiarism-101/prevention>.
"What Is Academic Dishonesty?" Office of the Dean of Students. Office of the Dean of Students, 15 Aug. 2012. Web. 30 Nov. 2014. <http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/sjs/acadint_whatis.php>.
What Is Plagiarism? (Part 1 of 3). Perf. Paul Robeson Library. YouTube. YouTube, 13 Nov. 2007. Web. 30 Nov. 2014. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P05vgxDoPU>.