Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Act I: Variations of Iago
Transcript of Act I: Variations of Iago
Quickly review the three passages you are provided on the handout.
1. Annotate by underlining key phrases you remember from yesterday's discussion...
jot in the margins what those lines mean.
2. From memory, write a brief sentence explaining the context of each passage
as well as
the key ideas from the passage.
What does an actor add to the text?
Subtle nuances of performance
eye contact or aversion
tension versus slack
authenticity vs. "assuming a visage"
chest, shoulders and head
movement (rate and energy)
rate and pauses
volume or projection
intonation and inflection
intensity or softness
"I hate the moor."
Take note of
specific nonverbal moves these actors make to interpret this same passage from the text... in particular, Iago's revelatory line.
...identify how different interpretations of a text influence the nuances of meaning an audience interprets.