Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sink or float
Transcript of Sink or float
sink or float? What happened to the water when the bottle sank? Will an empty or filled bottle sink or float? X marks the spot to find our results Density Displacement When comparing two objects the one that is heavier has a greater density When an object is placed in water the water will stay the same if the object floats, but if the object sinks the water will rise causing displacement Did the quarter have a density that was greater than or less than the dollar? Floats Dollar bill
Piece of wood Sinks Quarter
Ball of clay Now that we have seen examples of objects that can sink or float, what objects can you find in the classroom that will sink or float? Classroom Activities Sort your objects from greatest amount of density to least amount of density.
Measure the amount of water displacement from the sinking objects. Heather Simms