Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Wikipedia and Prediction of Power, Money, and Fame
Transcript of Wikipedia and Prediction of Power, Money, and Fame
Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford
Our Daily lives leave traces in the digital world
Wikipedia and Prediction of
Power, Money, and Fame
312 movies, US Market. 2010
Number of Theaters
First weekend box office revenue
box office revenue with different predictors
Creation time Revenue ($) Number of Theaters
multivariate linear regression model
Asur S, Huberman BA (2010)
Predicting the future with social media.
30 days before release
Coefficient of Determination
No content analysis
Iranian Presidential Election (June 2013)
German Federal Election
4 x 100 random living scientists
Citation indexes and Wikipedia coverage
Citations per paper
Number of edits
size of dots: number of editors
an alternative measure
of scientific success?
2 days before election