Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
UNIT 2: TECHNOLOGY PROBLEM SOLVING
Transcript of UNIT 2: TECHNOLOGY PROBLEM SOLVING
TEACHER: MOISÉS LLORENTE
FIRST OF ALL...
OPEN YOUR BOOK ON PAGE 10.
READ OUT THE INITIAL TEXT.
DO EXERCISES 1, 2 AND 3 ON PAGE 11.
IS THE SET OF SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES USED TO INVENT, DESIGN, BUILD AND ADAPT PRODUCTS TO MEET HUMAN NEEDS AND SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF EVERYDAY LIFE.
CLOSE THE BOOK AND WRITE, IN YOUR NOTEBOOK, TECHNOLOGICAL PRODUCTS THAT COULD MEET THE FOLLOWING HUMAN NEEDS:
PRODUCTS THAT MEET THIS NEED
HEALTH AND HYGIENE
COMPONENTS OF TECHNOLOGY
is something that was obtained through technological knowledge and made to meet human need.
is based on inventions and discoveries that have already been made.
is a creation or design that did not exist before.
WORK IN SMALL GROUPS:
1. THINK HOW TO CREATE AN INNOVATION TO IMPROVE...
a) A computer's mouse.
b) A smart TV.
2. THINK AN INVENTION TO MEET THE FOLLOWING NEED...
Crossing a river without getting wet
is a change made to the way a product works by adding something new.
Is a preliminary step that comes before we start building a new technological object.
Object analysis looks at the
of the object:
Use: how we use it.
Technique: how it was made.
Aesthetics: its external appearance (shape, texture, colour, size, weight, design, etc)
EXAMPLE OF OBJECT ANALYSIS: THE VASE
1. USE: to use a vase, you have to put soil inside and plant some plants or flowers, covering with the soil the whole roots and a part of the stem. Do not forget wattering them if necessary. You can put the vase on a table as an ornament.
2. TECHNIQUE: this vase has been made of clay, using a special moulding technique to shape it. After shaping, it has been painted using a painting gun and acrylic paintings.
3. AESTHETIC: the vase is brown, small, with a straight neck and a wide-rounded base. Its weight is 1.5 Kgs (empty) and its height is 25 cm from the top to the bottom.
IN YOUR NOTEBOOK...
LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING OBJECT AND MAKE AN "OBJECT ANALYSIS":
1. Use (how we use it)
2. Technique (how it was made)
3. Aesthetics (external appearance)
Cover by Alicia & Claudia (1ºA)
Cover by Rebeca & Aida (1ºB)
Winners of the Technology Covers Contest
THE PROJECT APPROACH
Is a method of dealing with and resolving the practical problems afecting any society. It consists of several stages.
STAGES OF THE PROJECT APPROACH
9.Presentation and assesment
1. What is technology?
2. Products that meet the main human needs.
3. Components of technology (diagram).
4. What is a technological product?
5. Which is the difference between an invention and an innovation?
6. Object analysis: how to analize an object looking at the three functions of it.
7. The project approach method: what to do at each stage.