Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Homeostasis loop for regulation of MAP
Transcript of Homeostasis loop for regulation of MAP
quickly and felt dizzy
for just a second? You
probably felt a momentary
increase in your heart rate
You experienced a condition
called "orthostatic hypotension"
which means that just for a second
you did not have enough blood
reaching your brain due to the
influence of gravity. Your heart
and blood vessels acted quickly
to correct this situation. How did
your heart "know" to speed up?
You stand up
and your blood
Sensors that monitor blood pressure are baroreceptors
They detect that blood pressure is low
The integrating center for blood pressure is in the brain
Effectors cause a change in the controlled variable
Heart rate increases and blood pressure returns to normal
A simple homeostasis