Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Tides and their Causes
Transcript of The Tides and their Causes
Tides spinning turbines hydro-power with out the dam (or the river)
The Tides are Caused by the Interactions of the Moon, Sun, and Earth
Gravity has a powerful affect, the moon's gravity more than the sun, because of its much closer proximity
Geography also has an effect on the tides
Harsh conditions, constantly changing salinity, temperature, wave action
Spring Tides and Neap Tides
Spring tides are the highest highs and the lowest lows
Diurnal, Semi-diurnal, Mixed Tides
Diurnal tides - one high, one low, each day
Neap tides are the weak tides, with less change between high and low
Semi-diurnal tides - two highs, two lows, each day, (almost)
Mixed tides - two high, two low, but the highs and lows are uneven
What kinds of tides does Anchorage have?