Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Plagiarism
the words right out of my mouth - literally.
1. The action or practice of taking someone
else's work, idea, etc., and passing it off as
one's own; literary theft.
"Plagiarism." Oxford English Dictionary.
March 2013. n. pag. Oxford
English Dictionary. Web. 24
The Use of:
When do people
Lack of skills/knowledge
Failure to cite
Failure to use quotation marks
Buy a project
Copy & Paste
Use of your own work product
in multiple classes
How do I
for completing each part of the
project; such as: outline, rough draft,
Create your Works Cited/Bibliography
as you work
Your Writing/Communications Center Staff
of the following need to be documented:
: word-for-word passage copied
from a source
: rewording an author's
comments into your own words
: a broad overview of
a(n) author's main idea(s)
Know what the professor is asking you to do
Know what citation style you are required to use
Know the time frame -
when everything is due
Navigating plagiarism in an academic setting.
McKenzie, Jim, creator. "Before He Cheats - A Teacher
Parody." YouTube. 4 June 2007. Web. 15 May 2012.