Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Innovation
"The Pursuit of Creative Ideas"
Opportunity Identification Process
Sources of Innovative Ideas
Role of Creative Thinking
IINNOVATION - process of translating an idea or invention into a good or service that creates value or for which customers will pay.
It is something original, new, and important - in whatever,field - that breaks(Or obtains a foothold in the market or society
OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION PROCESS
SOURCES OF INNOVATIVE IDEAS
TYPES OF INNOVATION
PRINCIPLES OF INNOVATION
Types of Innovation
Principles of Innovation
When there is a difference between expectations and reality
Led to the creation of FedEx
When a solution to particular need is required
Knowledge Based Concepts
Two Approaches to Creative Thinking
Get any information you can about problem, product, service or idea you have in mind!
The subconscious sifting (straining), sorting, processing of the wealth of information you have accumulated.
The Idea or solution is discovered.
Evaluation & Implementation
The idea is implemented after careful evaluation, modification and testing.
THE CREATIVE PROCESS
This is the creation of a new product, service or process Eg. Internet Bookstore by Jeff Bezos
The expansion of a product, service, or process already in existence. Such concepts make a different application of a current idea.
The replication of an already existing product, service, or process. Eg Radio + Internet=WiFI
The combination of existing concepts and factors into a new formulation. Eg Gillette
Creation of new medical devices
Day care center
Changes in how people view things.
Nature Of The Creative Process
2) “Cyaan badda” (usually said with a shake of the head)
3) “Dat ah di stupidest ting mi eva hear”
4) “Yea, but if yuh do dat –“ (poses an extreme or unlike disaster)
5) “We did already try dat, years ago”
6) “Mi nuh see nothing wrong wid how we ah do it now”
7) “Wi neva do noting like dat b4”
8) “Wi have a deadline – aint nobody got time fo dat”
9) “Dat nuh inna di budget”
10) “Ah weh unno get dem weird idea deh from?”
1. Be action oriented.
2. Make the product, process or service simple and understandable.
3. Make the product, process or service customer-based.
4. Start small.
5. Aim high.
7. Learn from failures.
8.Follow a milestone schedule.
9. Reward heroic activity.
People Nowadays are more health
conscious and want to be fit.
Developing your Creativity
Left & Right Brain Hemisphere
Creativity is most likely to occur when the business environment is right. No enterprise will retain creative individuals if a creative environment is not established and maintained.
The following are some characteristics
A trustful management that does not over control the personnel
Open Channels of communication among all business members.
Considerable contact and communication with outsiders
A large variety of personality
1. Brain Storm 5. Connect
2. Opposites Attract 6. Always celebrate failure
3. THINKubate 7. Make them laugh
4. Trigger Great Ideas 8. Sweat It!!!
9. Remember your wildest dreamz
SUPM FI GO YAH SO!!!
ONE VIDEO FI GO YAH SO!!!