Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Astronomy
Heliocentric worldview (Sun in the center)
It takes the earth 24h to spin around its own axis.
The face of the earth that is facing the sun experience day.
The face of the earth facing away from the sun experience night.
Earth has a tilt on its axis of 23.4 degrees
The hemisphere facing the sun experience summer.
The hemisphere facing away from the sun experience winter.
As the earth is orbiting the sun, the seasons change accordingly
Earths natural satellite - The moon
The moon is orbiting the earth every 29 days.
The moon spins around its own axis every 29 days
This means that we always see the same face of the moon.
Solstice and equinox (NH)
Summer solstice (June 21)
Winter solstice (December 21)
Vernal equinox (March 21)
Autumnal equinox (September 23)
Phases of the moon
Half moon (Waxing)
Half moon (Waning)
Solar wind (Aurora Borealis)