Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Let There Be Li-Fi
Transcript of Let There Be Li-Fi
you will adore Li-Fi !
1. GENESIS OF LI-FI
2. HOW LI-FI WORKS7
3. WHY LI-FI?
3.1 PRESENT SCENARIO IN WIRELESS COMMUNICATION
3.2 ISSUES WITH WI-FI USING RADIO WAVES
3.3 ALTERNATIVES TO RADIO WAVES IN EM SPECTRUM
4. DISADVANTAGES OF LI-FI
* There are 1.4 million cellular radio masts deployed worldwide.
* There are more than five billion wi-fi devices present.
With all these devices, we transmit more than 600 terabytes of data everymonth.
HOW LI-FI OVERCOMES ISSUES ATTACHED WITHRADIO WAVES
Genesis of LI-FI
Harald Haas, a professor at the University of Edinburgh who began his research in the field in 2004, gave a debut demonstration of what he called a Li-Fi prototype at the TEDGlobal conference in Edinburgh on 12th July 2011
How Li-Fi Works?
INTRODUCTION TO LI-FI
PRESENT SCENARIO IN WIRELESS COMMUNICATION
ISSUES WITH WI-FI USING RADIO WAVES
* We transmit wireless data by using electromagnetic waves -- inparticular, radio waves.
* Radio waves are scarce, expensive and we only have a certain range of it.
Due to this limitation one can’t forever hope to cope with the demand of
wireless data transmissions and the number of bytes and data which are transmitted every month
There are1.4 million cellular radio masts deployed worldwide.
Most of the energy consumed, is not used to transmit the radio waves,but is used to cool the base stations.
The efficiency of such a base station is only at about five percent.
There are potential health issues associated with radio waves.
Consequently we have to switch off devices like cell-phones in places like hospitals.
The radio waves penetrate through walls.
They can be intercepted, and somebody can make use of one’s network
ALTERNATIVES TO RADIO WAVES IN EM SPECTRUM
The issues concernin
io waves begs a close inspection at EM Spectrum forsome alternative
We have 10,000 times more spectrum in visible light region than in the radio waves region.
Therefore we have 10,000 times more channels to transmit data
LED consumes very little power therefore the data transmission is very efficient.
Visible light poses no health issues
Light Waves doesn’t penetrate through walls.
Therefore they can’t be intercepted easily
DISADVANTAGES OF LI-FI