Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of The Amazing World Of Soccer!
Transcript of Copy of The Amazing World Of Soccer!
1. Who discovered soccer and what is it's history?
2. How does soccer help with being fit and what are some cardiovascular benefits of soccer?
3. Does playing soccer improve your mental health?
4. How should soccer players eat?
5. What are the positions in soccer and what does it do?
Does soccer improve your mental health?
According to "Football and Mental Health," it is thought to affect emotions, relationships, identity and self-esteem. The World Cup in particular may have a positive effect on mental health.
According to "Soccer Nutrition," in soccer there are seven important food groups needed for soccer nutrition. Carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and water. Some foods you can eat that have protein in them are meat, eggs, fish, nuts, and dairy products such as milk and cheese.
How does soccer help with being fit and what are some cardiovascular benefits of soccer?
According to "today I found out RSS" (a website), in the medieval times, soccer included some ill practices such as kicking, punching, biting, and gouging. Due to the violence, King Edward III banned soccer in 1365. In 1424, King James I also proclaimed "No man shall play football!"
Who discovered soccer and what is it's history?
Running, which we all know is a major part in soccer, involves moving large muscle groups in your legs. During one game, an average player runs about seven miles.
According to "Soccer Positions," one position is the goal keeper ( 1) r (3-5) midfielder (3-4)
2 wide midfielders 1 attacking midfielder and 1 defending midfielder last one is the offense
The Amazing World Of Soccer!
Can soccer help you physically and mentally?
Thanks for watching!
How should soccer players eat?
Interview with Shelli Totton-Peterson
While doing this project, I learned that soccer can help people physically and mentally. In doing my interview, I learned soccer gets you in great shape and is good for the heart. It also helps with muscle strength and muscle endurance.
What are the positions in soccer and what do they do?
"Football and Mental Health." Football and Mental Health. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Feb. 2014.
"The Origin of the Word "Soccer"" Today I Found Out RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2014.
"Soccer - Health Benefits." Better Health Channel. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2014.
"What Should Soccer Players Eat." Soccer Nutrition. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Feb. 2014
"Soccer Positions." Soccer Positions. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014
Interview with Shelli Totton-Peterson (Continued)
My next steps are to involve and inform more people about soccer. I will do this by presenting this presentation more and keep studying more about this topic.
1. How long have you been playing/coaching soccer?
2. What are some major health benefits of soccer?
3.Does your team believe that they are getting healthier the more games they play?
4.Do you think there are mental health benefits included in playing soccer?
5. Why did you choose to coach/play soccer over other sports?
6.What do you recommend for people to eat before a soccer game?
7. What position do you think affects the turnout of the game?
8. What position did you play in soccer?
9. What is better to drink, water or energy drink?
10. Why is good health so important for playing soccer?
1. Playing- since I was 8 years old-so 37 years. Coaching- since I was 20 years old- so 25 years.
2. Soccer gets you in great shape-good for the heart. It also helps with muscle strength and muscle endurance. With getting in great shape you feel better about yourself so self-esteem is better as well as your mental focus and outlook on life.
3. Yes, they are getting in better shape and getting stronger every time they play.
4. Absolutely. Exercise is great for the body and mind so every time they are playing they are getting major health benefits.
5. I got involved in soccer at the age of 8 or so. It was popular where I lived and I loved scoring goals. To coach- I love the game and the opportunities it gives kids.
6. A combo of carbohydrates and protein- like a turkey sandwich- some fruit- granola bar- water- lots of water.
7. Center midfielder- they are the quarterbacks of the team. The ball always goes through them to start the defense or start the attack.
8. Center forward and center midfielder.
9. Water- pure water.
10. Good health is important for playing soccer because soccer is such a demanding sport. There is physical play, lots of running, strategies of the game, and teamwork. You have to have energy so eating a balanced diet is critical. Without food to energize you won't be able to play your best and help your teammates. You also need lots of water in your system to help hydrate your body.
Call to action
Get out there and play soccer! Now that you know what it does for your health, you can go tell people about it and maybe even play soccer!
Number of *students at City School in a soccer club
* Students that wanted to take the survey