Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
WIDA LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY STANDARDS FOR ELLs
Transcript of WIDA LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY STANDARDS FOR ELLs
-wHAT ARE THESE "WIDA" STANDARDS?
-WHAT HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH ME?
-HOW DOES IT WORK? INTRODUCTION A BACKGROUND FIRST LET'S PRACTICE LOOK AT THE HOME LANGUAGE SURVEY FROM 3 STUDENTS.
TELL WHO APPLIED TO RECEIVE THE ESL SERVICES let's practice Listen and place in the language proficiency triangle.
Discuss your answers and the relation between the three different graphs. ESL PROGRAM UNDERSTANDING LANGUAGE FOUNDATION How can we use it? COLLABORATION LOOK AT YOUR STUDENTS AGAIN,
OBSERVE THEIR SCORES IN EACH DOMAIN,
TAKE YOUR "CAN DO" SHEET AND WRITE
THEIR NAMES IN THE
RESPECTIVE BOX LET'S PRACTICE THEY ARE A CURRICULUM/ASSESSMENT RESOURCE ANCHORED IN ACADEMIC STANDARDS
THEY ADDRESS SPECIFIC CONTEXT FOR LANGUAGE ACQUISITION
THEY DIFFERENTIATE THE LANGUAGE USED IN: DIRECTIONS, INSTRUCTIONS, PROCESSES AND PRODUCT
THEY ALLOW US TO CARRY OUT CLASSROOM MODIFICATION WITH MORE ACCURACY
PROVIDE VALUABLE INFORMATION FOR OUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ......in Red Springs High LET'S TRY AGAIN! the 8.5% of the population