Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Elevating Your Communication Skills
Transcript of Elevating Your Communication Skills
Characteristics of Great Communicators
What Fuels Conflict?
Elevate Your Professional Communication Skills
Observing Your Surroundings
The View From the Top!
Think about everything we have discussed today pertaining to effective communication.
What are you going to take back to your community and start working on?
What Fuels Conflict?
1. Identify behaviors that fuel conflicts
2. Identify the skills of professional
3. Recognize the difference between
‘listening’ and ‘hearing’
4. Identify common barriers to effective
communication and create an action
plan to overcome these barriers
1) Two people act out the scenario while the rest of
the group observes.
2) Work with your group to identify the professional
communication skills that should have been used
in the scenario to prevent conflict.
3) Use the information we explored in our last activity
4) Give specific actions and details describing how that
skill should be demonstrated in the workplace.
5) Record those skills and tips on page 3 of your
How Do We Communicate With Your Style?
SQUIGGLES TEND TO:
Often act or speak without thinking
Which 5 Items Will You Take to Survive?
Bag of 6 large blankets
Fully charged cell phone
Box of 4 signal flares
Small first-aid kit
Pants – windproof and waterproof
Bag of 20 fresh apples
Laptop - unknown software and battery life
Deck of cards, chess, checkers
Notebook and pencil
Gallon container of fresh water
3 - size 8 women’s promotional pink “Barbie” branded fleece-lined track- suits
Flashlight with spare batteries
Box of 50 - 6 hour candles
TRIANGLES TEND TO:
Take charge and move fast
Love to debate and argue
SQUARES TEND TO:
Not fond of change
Not the best team player/prefer to work alone
Prone to view "fun" as unnecessary or as a luxury
CIRCLES TEND TO:
Enjoy being with people
Over-commit (hate to say "no")
Worry too much
Try too hard to please
How do I know when you are angry?
How do I approach you if you are busy?
How should I approach you to try and work out a conflict between the two of us?
How will I recognize that you are getting frustrated?
Which Phrase Promotes Productive Conversation?
"You never finish the work on time.”
"It seems like you are having some difficulty with the timelines. What can I do to help?"
“If you had bothered to read the report, you would know...."
“It might be that the report wasn't clear on those points. Would you like me to explain?”
Communication - the human connection - is the key to personal and career success.
- Paul J. Meyer