Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Frankenstein.
young adults because of very complex and descriptive text. This book puts the reader in a real life situation, that is very horrifying and full of anxiety.
(an distress, uneasiness) Book: Frankenstein
Author: Marry Shelley
Main characters: Victor Frankenstein, the monster, Elizabeth lavenza, Alphonse Frankenstein, Hector Clerval
Minor Characters: Mr. Waldman, Mr. krempe, cottagers, the 2nd monster (wife), citizens
Main Settings: Geneva, England, Ingolstadt. 1. Darkness within humans- The beast within
2. How choices lead to cosequences
3. Prejudice VS. Acceptance 1) the book was written during the 1830's
2) machines were replacing people
3) science and technology were advancing
4) people pushed their limits in science
5) taking on a god- like character
6) Good side vs. evil side Intended Audience... Frankenstein Thesis... In Marry Shelley's nobel classic Frankenstein, the character Victor frankenstein creates a monster that makes him face many misfortunes because of the darkness within humans and the prejudice that the monster faces. Main characters..
kind, friendly, aggresive, patient, miserable, wise
yellow watery eyes, black hair, black lips, tall, very muscular.
"slave, i before reasoned with you , but you have proved yourself unworthy of my condescension. Remember that i have power; you believe yourself miserable, but i can make you so wretched that the light of day will be hateful to you. You are my creator, but i am your master;-obey!
what other's think about him...
"but now that i had finished, the beauty of the dream vanished, and breathless horror and disgust filled my heart." Main Characters...
genius, miserable, kind, friendly.
"i will pioneer a new way, explore unknown powers, and unfold to the world the deepest mysteries of creation."
what other's think about him...
(no indirect or direct quotes about his character) Connections... Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde Henry Jekyll is a well respected member of London society. In his personal life, he is pre-engaged to Muriel Carew, the daughter of a general. In his professional life, he is a medical doctor, and a scientist. He theorizes that in each man is a good side and an evil side which can be separated into two. In doing so, the evil side can be controlled and the good side can live without worry, in combination leading to the betterment of society. In his experiments, he uses himself as the subject to test his hypothesis. His evil side, who he calls Mr. Hyde, escapes into London, and terrorizes Ivy Pierson. Jekyll, aware of Hyde's actions, decides to stop his experiments because of the suffering he has caused Ivy. What Jekyll is unaware of is how persistent Hyde is in his life Literary devices... Imagery: "His limbs were nearly frozen, and his body dreadfully emaciated by fatigue and suffering"
Simile: "I was like the Arabian who had been buried with the dead and found a passage to life, aided only by one glimmering and seemingly ineffectual light"
Oxymoron - I should expect you. But that would be a cruel kindness, and dare not to do it.
Foreshadowing - " It is well. I go; but remeber, i shall be with you on your wedding night." Assessment The Modern Prometheus what would you do if
you were left alone without any friends?.....
or being thrown away in a garbage bin that happens to have another world at the end of it?... 1) talks a lot about human nature
2) the beast within
3) pushing the limits in science
4) author's life (fighting personal tragedy)
5)gothic thriller, passionate romance, and a cautionary tale about the dangers of science