Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Zheng He
Zheng He is captured and taken to Nanjing where he met Zhu Di Zheng He's Seven Voyages Zheng He grows up as a close friend of the Prince, Zhu Di 1402 The Emperor dies and Zhu Di takes control Zheng He is appointed to Grand Envoy to lead voyages that would establish Chinese presence 1402 Zheng He's Ships - 317 ship fleet
- 28,000 crew men
- The treasure fleet Malacca 1407 Zheng He encounters the notorious pirate, Chen Zuyi Zheng He attacks and captures Zuyi. He is brought back to Nanjing. Champa Jiu-gang/Palembang Ceylon Calicut 1405 Zheng He and his crew members leave for their first voyage 1409 Zheng He arrives in Ceylon and believes he is on good terms with their king, Alagakkonara Zheng He and his men are surrounded on their way to the capital while their fleet is being raided This leaves the capital unguarded. Zheng He captures Alagakkonara and replace him with a supporter of the Ming Dynasty Zheng He dies somewhere at sea during his 7th journey 1433 Hormuz Mecca During his 7th voyage Zheng He visits Mecca. This shows that he is probably Muslim EAST AFRICA Somalia 1415 Zheng He receives a giraffe as a gift from the Sultan of Malindi This giraffe was the beginning of the first zoo in China. Zheng He is on good terms with Malacca, a major trading city His death marked the end of China's nautical journeys. After his 6th journey Zhu Di died and the Hongxi Emperor took over. He canceled the voyages. The Xuande emperor took over soon and ordered for a seventh voyage. 1431 Zheng He leaves for his 7th voyage Jinning is attacked by the Ming people and Zheng He's father is killed. 1381 The children are captured and castrated and become eunuchs Some believe Zheng He discovered the America's but that is untrue. He opened up routes to explore the Americas but did not travel there. Museum Exhibit A treasure ship Giraffe gifted to Zheng He Kangnido Map used by Zheng He Flag of Ceylon (Sri Lanka) Copper Coin from Ming Dynasty Statue of Zheng He in China