Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Essential question: "How can an author's choice of text type
Transcript of Essential question: "How can an author's choice of text type
Text type is a form or type of a piece of writing.
Theme is the "BIG IDEA" of a passage.
Ask yourself these questions to figure out theme:
1.What did the characters learn?
2. How did the characters grow or change?
3. Why did the characters act this way?
Point of View
Who is telling the story????
It is helpful to know who is telling the story because it engages the reader.
Examples of text type include:
a short story
It is what the author wants the reader to take away from reading his/her type of text.
Common topics for theme include:
never give up
do the right thing
Pay attention to:
what the subject is.
what happens with the main character.
When you know the theme:
"I know the theme is ________ because the text states _______."
Theme is often inferred!
1st person: the narrator tells "I" or "my" story. Also, "we" and "our" story.
2nd person: the narrator tells "you" or "your" story. Often used for instructions or directions.
3rd person: The narrator tells "his" or "her" story. Often may reveal more thoughts or feelings about one or more characters.
Through whose "eyes" are you experiencing and seeing the story?