Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Philosophy of Education
Transcript of Philosophy of Education
Philosophical Ideas Documents Branches of Philosophy Metaphysics Today: "philla" :for love
"sophia" :wisdom Philosophy of Education Ancient Philosophy There are Many! Jasper's Report Educ 501 Areas/ Branches of Philosophy Sources of One's Educational Philosophy Implications of the Different Philosophies in Education Philosophical Analysis Factors Affecting Philosophies in Education Functions of Philosophies of Education Importance of Philosophy of Education to the Teacher Teacher's Philosophy of Teaching Sample of a Teacher's Philosophy of Teaching Jasper and Emily Greeks Love of Wisdom Greek Mindset: "wisemen" Pythagoras called himself as lover of wisdom or Philosopher Speculative, Reflective, systematic About the Universe and his relation to the universe Philosophy of Education Examines the definition, Goals and Meaning of Education Promote a specific type or vision of education Educational Philosophy Teacher's Guiding Principles
Principles on Student Learning
Role of Educators and Media Noddings: "Philosophical study of Education and its Problems....its central subject matter is education and its methods are those of philosophy" Epistimology Axiology :Reality and Existence :Nature of knowledge and relation to Teaching and Learning :Ethics and Aesthetic Medieval Philosophy Modern Philosophy Contemporary I believe the best place to look at is : History Ancient Period
Contemporary Ancient: Wherein people learn from greek philosophers up to the fall of Rome Medieval: Arab Philosophers and Christian Scholasticism Modern Philosophy: Post Medieval up to the Golden Age and 20th Century I think Therefore I am Implication of Philosophies in Education Factors Affecting Philosophies of Education Contemporary Philosophy: Influential Thinkers Existing knowledge
Social Ideas of Society
Vision of Educational Leaders Marxism Pragmatist Functions of Philosophies of Education 1. Provide guidelines in the formulation of educational policies and programs and in the construction of curricular.
2. Provide direction toward which all educational effort should be exerted.
3. Provide theories and hypothesis in education which may be tested for their effectiveness and efficiency.
4. Provide norms or standards for evaluation purpose. Importance of Philosophy of Education to the Teacher 1. Philosophy of education puts forth the various schools of thought about education as a discipline to develop and inculcate knowledge, skills and ability through training in humans for welfare of the individual and the society.
2. A teacher in any social-academic institution should understand the various hypothesis put forward by the classical and modern school of thought in order to develop the best approaches to education. Teacher's Philosophy of Teaching What is a Teaching Philosophy Statement? A Teaching Philosophy Statement should answer four fundamental questions: 1) Why do you teach?
2) What do you teach?
3) How do you teach?
4) How do you measure your
effectiveness? Multiple Intelligences Let Me Share a video about Multiple Intelligences Sample of a Teachers Philosophy of Teaching Thank you for Listening It simply let us understand how can we influence Learning By Learning Different philosophies or Wisdom we may better understand our students better Biological Factors plays a vital role towards Learning Experience and interaction best contributes to learning There is no single factor that makes learning predictable Though sometimes its Frustrating "Therefore we can say
we are making the world a better place
ONE STUDENT at time" Thank you