Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
poaching-the impacts in africa
Transcript of poaching-the impacts in africa
the rare baby northern white rhino might be something that becomes impossible to see in the future. There are worries that it could soon die out. There are only five in captivity at zoo's around the world. there is one in California, one in Czech Republic and three in Kenya.
uncontrolled hunting for their horns is a major threat. the horn is used in traditional Asian medicine as a supposed cure or a range of illnesses- From hangovers to fevers and even cancer.
Hundreds of white rhinos have been killed annualy in recent years. They are particularly vulnerable to hunting as they are not aggresive.
They live in tropical and subtropical grasslands, savannas and shrublands.
They are usually located in the southern and east Africa.
Poaching-the impacts in Africa