Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Industrialization
Around 1760 to 1840
The Textile Process
The first step in the textile process is spinning. This step transform fiber into yarn. Raw fibers like cotton and wool must be spun for making textile products.
After spinning it is weaving, which runs perpendicular to build a rigid fabric. The next step is two-fold and includes dyeing and printing. Textile dyeing gives textiles the colors and shades that fill our malls and department stores. Dyes contain molecules that absorbs and reflect light to convey various colors
Moving to cities
- Fewer people were needed to work on farms
- People moved to the city to work in factories
- Cities became crowded and unsanitary
- Factories polluted the air
- City governments were unable to meet the needs of all of these new citizens
- Made producing products a lot easier and faster.
- Can be made without as much money
- Greater accessibility
- Working in factories was something people did not want to do
- Pollution, unsafe, dirty, long working hours, never an breaks
- It did'nt pay well at all
- In 1861 there were 30 million people in the USA, but only 1.3 million people in factories.
- After the war the demand for goods increased so more factories were created
- Natural resources in USA were cheaper
- In the late 1800’s the US was the world's leading industrial nation
- In 1914 the Gross National Product was 8 times more than 1861
- Increased city populations
- Improved living standards
- Decreased trade between different countries
He was an American inventor, born in West borough, MA, and attended Yale college.
He invented Cotton in 1793.
Importance of Cotton:
It must be performed by hand
- It separates cotton fibers from their seeds fairly quickly and easily.
- Good economy for the country
- No more problems with England
United states start a world power
Slavery increased over the next 50 years
-occurs when industry is introduced on a large scale to a region or country
-Manufacturing was often done in people's homes, using hand tools or basic machines.