Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
the roman army was extremely successful for a few main thing
Transcript of the roman army was extremely successful for a few main thing
the roman army was extremely successful for a few main thing that i will tell you.
The legionary personal weapons were
a Gladius that he wore on his right
a Pugio worn on the left
and a shield
"The Roman army was divided into legions of about 5,000 men.
Contubernium: consisted of 8 men.
Centuria: (century) was made up of 10 contubernium with a total of 80 men commanded by a centurion.
Cohorts: (cohort) included 6 centurie, a total of 480 men.
Legio: (Legion) consisted of 10 cohorts, about 5,000 men.
Eques Legionis: Each legio had a cavarly unit of 120 attached to them.
Contubernium (8 men) > Centuria (80 men) > Cohort (480 men) > Legio(5,000 men)."
The Contuberniums fought marched and camped together. They shared a leather tent and mule on the march.
each legion had it own number sign and fortress. Each legion also had a 120 men alae.
The leader of a century is called a centurian and was easily spotted by
The sideways horse hair crest on his helmet
• a shirt of mail armour over a leather arming-doublet
• a cloak of fine material
• medals on his chest, awarded for bravery in battle
• sword on the left and his dagger on the right (different to the legionary).
The army was organized into groups
The Romans were first and formost fighting men and trained every day. By
- marching 20 roman miles
- weapon training
- learning drills
Drills and Formations
One of the roman's most famous formations was called the Testudo this was used to march up to fortifications.
The wedge was used to break enemy lines and the orb was a complete circle that could be seen as a desperate last stand.
Pictures and Videos