Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
OPPORTUNITIES & LIMITATIONS
Transcript of OPPORTUNITIES & LIMITATIONS
As the range of television channels is becoming wider within the past few years, branding and target audience have become an important factor for every channel identity, which led them to developing a personal ident in order to help branding the channel and targeting their audience.
However, there are both opportunities and limitations that affect the design as well as the use of the television ident of a channel.
When developing a television ident, I have to take in consideration certain factors that relate to each other, whether are strengths or limitations, in order to create a successful sting. Having a clear idea of the target audience and the theme of an idea is crucial for the ident to be appealing, therefore design has to take into consideration prior research.
- The font has to be the same over time, keeping the same style of the corporate identity;
It makes the channel easy to be recognised, therefore when re-branding an ident for the same channel it has to have similar features, such as
- Channels will use similar themes for their idents over time, keeping the same logo and colours;
OF ONSCREEN GRAPHICS
- The tone of an ident will vary depending on its target audience, for example a children targeted ident will have different imagery than an adult targeted ident;
- Throughout the years the evolving technology has allowed the idents to be developed differently, with better visuals, better quality of both image and sound, making them more appealing to the target audience;
- They have to be the channel's colours in every ident, therefore the choice is very limited when making a sting;
- An ident has to be between 5 and 30 seconds long, in some cases even 1 minute. However, when creating an ident, it has to be concise and time-sensitive, in order to catch and maintain the viewer's attention;
Size, Resolution & Aspect Ratio
- It has to be with an aspect ratio of 16:9, whereas the older ones were 4:3, and widescreen.
- All idents have to be compatible for every screening platform, such as television, tablet and smartphone;
- The typography in the idents have to be recognisable, clear and suitable;