Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Army Rangers
In times of war the rangers also cooperate with other U.S. special forces. Rangers must be ready when needed anywhere in the world within 18 hours.
History of the Rangers
The first rangers were formed in 1674 during King Philip's War
What are rangers?
The rangers are one of the two main special units of the army.
The rangers are infantary units which means they carry operations usually on foot
Through the years, rangers have fought all around the world.
They have taken action in Europe, Asia, Africa, Central America, and the Middle East
The rangers have bases in Washington and Georgia
Protecting the Country
Rangers use an army combat uniform. The helmant they wear is made up of a bullet-resistant material known as Kevlar or Twaron.
The rifle used now by the Rangers is the M4 Carbine Rifle, a lighter version of the M16.
Joining the Rangers
To join the rangers you have to join the Army first. You must be 18 years or older, have a high school education and pass the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) to join the Army.