Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of ARCTIC MONKEYS
Fan clubs would be run from a tumblr blog that advertised concerts and merchandise, and offered links to shop
Although the ARCTIC MONKEYS started as Indie Rock, their sound is changing as their careers progress
ticket prices are low, due to lack of popularity: $50 general admission
CHARTOPPING FROM THE START
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
GARAGES TO STADIUMS
HOW IT HAPPENED
JUMP TO FAME
The band started in
when the boys were in High School
began their music careers in 2001, when the friends both received guitars for Christmas.
Two years later, they began performing shows around their native
, two fellow students at Stocksbridge High School.
Arctic Monkeys' audience swelled as fans circulated those recordings via the Internet.
Tumblr, a social networking site, largely contributed to their fame
By distributing their homemade material on the Internet, Arctic Monkeys were able to build a sizable fan base without the help of a record label, effectively circumventing the usual road to superstardom.
They continued to buck tradition by signing with Domino Records in 2005