Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MEDIA SENDS UNHEALTHY MESSAGES TO WOMEN
Transcript of MEDIA SENDS UNHEALTHY MESSAGES TO WOMEN
- To create culture, there needs to be an attraction or something that intrests people.
- Our culture created an image of what the ideal body should look like.
- This idea that culture created along with the diet industry come together for
Over three quarters of woman's magazines include at lease one message about how to change a woman's bodily appearance by diet, exercise, or cosmetic surgery.
- Models tend to weigh up to 25% less then a typical woman.
- Weight 15 to 20% below what is considered healthy for her height and age.
T.V & MOVIES
A poll shown is PEOPLE magazine reported that 80% of women said “women shown in T.V, movies, and fashion magazines make them feel insecure about their looks”
people will like us more for it
-fill pages of magazines
- latest topic in the news
-main topic of gossip web sites
The celebrities that seem to make the best decisions seem to be covered less.
Our sociey is attracted to :
99% of girls aged 3- 10 years old own at lease on Barbie doll
-Strive to be like the
princesses they see
Young women need to have role models tell them that the life of barbie's and princesses is fake.
80 % of women are unhappy with their bodies
In the United States almost 10% of women tried to perfect this image that the media is throwing at them and are now suffering from eating disorders.
The media created an image
LOVE IS LOUDER THEN THE PRESSURE TO BE PERFECT.
Dove Campaign for Real Beauty
-The media in our society has power over our self-esteem and body image that can be incredibly strong and harmful to many women.
- Society has put beauty in the minds of women as perfection.
- Women striving to have this unobtainable vision of perfection causes unhealthy thoughts and sends destructive messages to women.
- Many women have gotten unheathy messages about their appearence through magazines, movies, music, television shows, celebrities, models, and advertisements.
DON'T LET THE MEDIA'S IDEA OF BEAUTY DEFINE
BEAUTY COMES FROM INSIDE OF YOU