Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Modern Architecture
-The art of designing buildings
What is Modern Architecture?
-Designing any physical structure
Designing of any Landscape
-Materials 90 degrees to each other
-Emphasis on horizontal and vertical lines
-Use of industrially produced materials
-Should originate from its purpose
-Nature of material shouldn't be hidden
-Absence of applied decoration
Start of Modernism
Modern= Present time
- Officially began in the early 1900s (20th century)
-Developed because of social and politic revolutions
-Technology developed modern architecture
-First structure with a lot of glass
-Brought in Modernism
-Glass, steal, Iron, etc.
-Form follows function
-Elimination of painting over materials
-Brings a feel of speed in motion
-No fancy columns
-Postmodern Architecture =Modern time