Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Irish
An attempt to stop immigration into the U.S. was to make the fair read to Canada 15 shillings and the ride to the United States 5 pounds.
Choa, Adam. "The Irish." Immigration: The Irish. Imc, 14 January 2011. Web. 11 December 2013. <http://library.thinkquest.org/20619/Irish.html#>
Canada and U.S. Border
Increasing the price of the boat ride to Canada didn't work
You could take a cheap fair ride
Or walk there.
In 1845, the great potato rot and over population started a mass migration.
With the religious prejudice of their Protestant Masters to the Catholic Irish, many had no choice, but to go to the United States.
Peasants arrived without resources, or capital to start farms or businesses.
Altogether about 3.5 million Irish immigrants came to the U.S. between 1820 -1880.