Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Globe Theatre & Conventions of Elizabethan Theatre
Transcript of The Globe Theatre & Conventions of Elizabethan Theatre
Elizabethan Theatre: . Inter-act music: Between
acts music is played to
entertain the audience. . The plays were conventional,
meaning they were not
realistic. . Boys played girls'
roles in plays. . The plays had strong
exits. . Little scenery and
costume change during
plays. . Quick transitions of the set
kept the story moving. The Globe Theatre: . . The architect that made the theatre
was Theo Crosby. It was built from timber from another
famous theatre. It was called
the "Theatre." . . After it was demolished it
was used as a tenement
building. In 1613 a fire broke out in
the theatre. . . They rebuilt the Globe
Theatre on the original
grounds. The theatre operated illegally
after play performing was
banned. Conventions of Elizabethan Theatre