Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Welcome to
by Luke Federer
Absolute: Latitude- 9.02 degrees east
Longitude- 34.42 degrees south
Relative: North of Kenya, West of Somalia, South of Sudan and East of South Sudan.
Area: 426,373 sq miles
Population: about 96,633,458 people
Literacy rate: 49% male 29% female.
Natural resources: crops, gold ,animal hides
Life expectancy: 62 male 65 female.
main language is Amharic (related to arabic)
-Ethnic groups: Oromo (34%) and Somali (6%) are 2 of 65 five very small different ethnic groups
- Religious groups: 44% Ethiopian Orthodox church
19% Protestant 34% Islam
-food: mostly bread and stew (eating out is lazy)
- Government: Federal Republic
Laws and Customs
- Don't keep eye contact in conversation
- Use your whole hand
slowly nodding head means you are depressed
"Ethiopia." CultureGrams Online Edition. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 12 Feb 2015.
"Ethiopia." Central Intelligence Agency. Central Intelligence Agency, n.d. Web. 11 Feb. 2015
Capital Addis Ababa
- GDP per capita $1,300
- exchange rate $1= 19.92 birr
Ethiopia was once part of the Abyssinia empire the oldest empire in Africa. Ethiopia soon became independent from the Abyssinia Empire. Then in 1977 a civil war broke out between the dictator and his people. After overthrowing the Dictator, Ethiopia became the Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. Ethiopia is still rebuilding after the civil war.
- a current drug war in Ethiopia, stay near big safe cities
- its safe as long as you don't go into the rural areas
Climate: daily high is 95 degrees