Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MALAYSIAN CYBER LAW , ELECTRONIC GOVERNMENT LAW
Transcript of MALAYSIAN CYBER LAW , ELECTRONIC GOVERNMENT LAW
PRESENTED BY : FAAIZ ISA CONTENT WHAT IS CYBER LAW
Cyber law refers to any laws relating to protecting the Internet and
other online communication technologies.
NEEDS FOR CYBER LAW
In the recent years, many concerns and issues were raised on the integrity and security of
information, legal status of online transactions, privacy and confidentiality of information,
intellectual property rights and security of government data placed on the Internet. These concerns and issues clearly indicate why cyber laws are needed in online activities.
THE CYBER LAW ACTS IN MALAYSIA
The Malaysian Government has already passed several cyber laws to control and reduce the
Internet abuse. These cyber laws include:
• Digital Signature Act 1997
• Computer Crimes Act 1997
• Telemedicine Act 1997
• Communications and Multimedia Act 1998
Beside these cyber laws, there are three other cyber laws being drafted.
• Private Data Protection Bill
• Electronic Government Activities Bill
• Electronic Transactions Bill SOURCES http://www.kedah.edu.my/sahc/a_portal/portal_tekvok/ict/nota_ict_n_soceity/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20les14.pdf ICT for Education (ICT4E) is a subset of the ICT4D thrust. Globalization and technological change are one of the main goals of ICT. One of its main sectors that should be changed and modified is education. ICTs greatly facilitate the acquisition and absorption of knowledge; offering developing countries unprecedented opportunities to enhance educational systems, improve policy formulation and execution, and widen the range of opportunities for business and the poor.