Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
True Hero April
Transcript of True Hero April
Relationships The values above influences my decision making regarding relationships by always being the type of person that is open for any conversation, give honest advice/opinions to relationship problems, helping out others and ask for help when I need it. I believe in God and the Trinity. Teamwork
Optimism Teamwork Duty Consistency Compassion Maturity Optimism Impacts on decision making Teamwork is important because I believe that teamwork is required to achieve your goals. Teamwork doesn’t have to be in a sports context, but it can be in your everyday life such as in school where friends and teachers are there to help you out. This example displays that one person cannot do everything but with a group of people, more goals can be achieved. Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
- Henry Ford I believe I have a duty every day; it doesn’t matter whether it is big or small. This can consist of trying hard at school, helping another person or have an equal contribution in a group. However, what I see as a fundamental duty in my life is to be a good person, with regards to the Catholic Bible teachings and of inspirational characters within my life. I believe in being consistent in my life, which means to consistent try my best in everything I do and to not show any slack in any activity; such as willingly help others out, attempt to do homework, always be a role model to younger kids and to be always be myself when I meet others. Staying positive in life is one of the most difficult concepts to grasp because of the amount of negative issues that occur in our lives at a daily basis. This is why I see this value as being important in my life, particularly within a life as a role model. For example, in a sports context, having a positive mind frame is the best way to perform well as you are able to move on and to only focus on your abilities instead of blaming others factors which may not have any relevance to your performance. Also, being optimistic as a role model is an inspirational example for others because it shows others that life does not revolve around negativity but being able to move on, stay positive and being open with everything. In my opinion, a good role model needs to be mature and this is what I see as an important value in my life. Maturity involves being conscious of his/her surroundings and understanding how to approach certain situations. Without maturity, it would be difficult to progress with life as some will not know how to cope with situations that they have to solve. Therefore, the means that I use maturity in my life is to be decisive with my actions, constantly pay attention to what is happening around me and to be on top of every problem that approaches me. Being a compassionate person involves an open mind. This means that you care for everyone when they are in tough times or when they need help. Personally, even though there are people that don’t show the same compassion as you do, I always try to open my heart to everyone regardless of who they are and what they think of you. I have a strong ethical background in regards to the way that my values influence my decision making. I always strive to be the best person that I can be and the values that I strive to follow normally results in my chosen decisions. Based on those values, I always attempt to be informed with my decisions and to think really hard before I act. Usually it involves thinking about the causes and effects of what I do, as well as reflecting on what I have done wrong. The reason being is that one mistake can potentially be a dramatic change to my life so taking cautious steps is a major proportion on how to deal with ethical life choices. This is to ensure that I can choose the right choices and avoiding making any wrong choices. Every day, I always have a rough plan of how I should approach different situations. Even if it doesn’t go my way, I can adapt to different changes, with an attempt to maintain an open mind. Having an open mind in terms of work is a fundamental part of being able to see things from many perspectives, otherwise judgement will be clouded. Also, another way that I approach work life choices is to work hard to complete every assignment with consistency. The value of consistency influences my decision making by always wanting to finish work on time and planning ahead so that enough time can be put on each assignment. In addition, if I needed any assistance with anything in particular, I would ask others to help clarify and keep on track that I need to complete. Religion/Spiritual- How it informs my values and your decisions Based on my Catholic religion, what informs my values and decisions are the teachings in the Bible, especially in the New Testament and through the homily by the priest. The Bible has a lot of stories that contain key messages that are clearly defined and so I absorb these messages to apply it to my contemporary life. For example, the story of ‘’The Prodigal Son’’ has a very hard concept for us to use in our lives, to always be compassionate and forgiving to others, even if they have done wrong. This story is one of the stories that Jesus speaks of and there are many more that are of huge significance in our lives. The homily in Church influences my life choices because of the issues that are discussed in Church and how we should approach it; such as how we should not judge other people when we do not know them enough. This example helps me to stay open when I meet new people as well as when I approach problems that need to be solved. Other than that, I sometimes take short amounts of time to reflect on my day by praying to God every night and this has helped me build a solid foundation of moral values in my life. Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. “It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It's what we do consistently.”
― Anthony Robbins How do I live the life of a true hero or role model?
To sum up this presentation, I'll live my life as a role model by using my moral values, religion and spirituality as a guideline to the standards that should be embraced. However, it's up to me to determine what is right and wrong and to make sure that I'm informed with my decisions.