Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
9 Capitalization Rules
Transcript of 9 Capitalization Rules
Also, you ALWAYS capitalize the pronoun "I".
Finally, you need to capitalize proper nouns. Some proper nouns that need to be capitalized: Names
Titles before Names
Languages Cities and States
Regions of the Country
Titles of Works (Books, Movies, Etc.) Rewrite the following sentences using correct capitalization: Examples:
You should always look both ways before crossing the road. Otherwise you might get hit by a car.
There was a man I once knew who could recite every word of the Declaration of Independence.
My favorite restaurants are Maudie's and Texadelphia. 1. my boss asked me to speak at the meeting, but i don't think i want to.
2. i wonder if ms. sylvia will approve this murder mystery for my book report.
3. my spanish teacher brought us some candies from mexico called picositos. Other Rules: Rule 4 - Always capitalize the first word of dialogue.
ex: Tom said, “There’s a bird with a broken wing outside.” Exception - do not capitalize if it's a sentence being continued:
"There's a bird with a broken wing outside," Tom said, "and I think it needs help." Rule 5 - Capitalize proper adjectives such as German shepherd, Chinese food, Mexican free-tail bat. Rule 6 - Capitalize titles used in direct address, such as Mom, Dad, Doctor, Principal.
Ex: Can I have 10 dollars to see a movie, Mom?
Non-Ex: This is Mr. Price, our principal. Rule 7 – Capitalize specific days, months, and holidays.
Ex: On Monday, July 4, people all over will celebrate Independence Day. Rule 8 – Capitalize all words in the titles of works, such as books, movies, TV shows, songs, etc.
Ex: My favorite song right now is "Look At Me Now" by Chris Brown. Rule 9 – Capitalize the first words of greetings and salutations in letters and emails.
Ex: Dear Mr. Gooding,
Thank you for writing me back so quickly. I like your ideas and will do my best to implement them.
Sally Walker ANSWER -
1. My boss asked me to speak at the meeting, but I don't think I want to.
2. I wonder if Ms. Sylvia will approve this murder mystery for my book report.
3. My Spanish teacher brought us some candies from Mexico called Picositos.