Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
History of Afrocuban Jazz
Transcript of History of Afrocuban Jazz
The start of Latin- jazz
Mario Bauza & Machito and his Afro Cubans
“Es una mezcla de varios vocabularios que hace surgir una lengua nueva”.
“It’s a mixture of various vocabularies that creates a new language”.
Tío Pancho, writer. New York, June 1999
“sin la seccion completa de percusiones afrocubanas no hay jazz latino, sino solamente un jazz con acompanamiento latino”.
“without the complete Afro-Cuban percussion section there is no
Latin jazz, but only a jazz with latin accompaniment”.
What is Latin/Afrocuban Jazz?
Manteca - Dizzy Gillespie and Chano Pozo
Irakere. Jorge 'el nino' alfonso
Miguel 'Anga' Diaz