Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of apple
Castlebridge PS had a lot going on: Gardening Club, Recycling Club
Applying for EcoSchool Certification
provided a framework for further action that included school waste audit, energy conservation, curriculum integration
-wiggly worms workshop
-waste reduction workshop
-participated in EcoSource Inservice PD course
Castlebridge Learning Garden
An Idea Took Root...
-started developing sense of staff commitment
-building community commitment, connecting with School Council Chair
-site visits to schools with established outdoor gardens
-started with indoor planters
Starting the Garden ...........
-organize a team and distribute responsibilities
-start a project file for facilities manager
-site survey, get approvals
-expert advice urban agriculturalist
-Region of Peel Landscape Consultants
-City of Mississauga - water source
-students involved through curriculum
connections/designing the garden/interview
-Establish a timeline by breaking down your
project into manageable chunks, being mindful of:
-Facilities Manager's timelines
-Construction Contractor's priorities
School Ground Greening
-TDFEF (partnership with Ecosource really helped, enlist a grant writer and follow-up writers)
Castlebridge Fundraising Partners
For Us, It Was Big!!!
- buy your plants from a reputable garden centre e.g., Sheridan or Humber
- full day planting involving all grade levels
- ask parent community to lend a helping hand
- have some experts (Ecosource) on hand to help things go smoothly