Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Fandom IC vidshow lecture 2013
Transcript of Fandom IC vidshow lecture 2013
How vidding works
a vidder chooses:
How vidwatching works
a vidwatcher provides:
What vids do
History of vid studies
Henry Jenkins (1992)
"The pleasure of the form centers on the fascination in watching familiar images wrenched free from their previous contexts and assigned alternative meanings."
visuals + lyrics
Francesca Coppa (2008)
"A vid is a visual essay
that stages an argument."
lecture & vidshow
* hat tip: AbsoluteDestiny's
Pyramid of Vid Awesomeness
visuals + music
visuals + visuals
How vidwatchers make sense of
when it matters
when it doesn't
desire + control