Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Earth's Subsystems
Transcript of The Earth's Subsystems
By Table Three
The Earth is made of several subsystems that
to form a complex and continuously changing whole called the Earth
Earth revolves around the cosmosphere which is the universe surrounding the earth. ( However some scientist do not count this as part of earths subsystem)
The system consists of all the living organisms on Earth where habitats extend from the upper areas of the atmosphere too deep in the ground to the bottom of the ocean any place that life can exist is called the biosphere
The hydrosphere is all the water held on Earth- water molecules in the air, icebergs and glaciers, groundwater and lakes, rivers and oceans.
what would be the affect if one was taken out?
1) Weather happens in the atmosphere, but without the hydrosphere, there would be no water to evaporate and so no cloud or rain could form.
What if pollution effect the Earth?
Hey! You never answered the question!
"What if pollution effect the Earth?"
How can we help?
Get a job in geoscience!
Earth is made up of 5
The layer of gases that surrounds and protects the Earth from incoming solar rays, it circulates the gases that plants and animals need to survive and it is responsible for our weather.
The geosphere (Lithosphere) is the physical Earth the rock, magma, and soil. The geosphere extends from the center of the Earth to the dust in the atmosphere and even includes the sediments found in the oceans.
2) Without oceans and land (hydrosphere and geosphere), there would be no wind. Without the atmosphere that’s giving us air to breathe and protection from incoming solar ray, there would be no life on Earth the biosphere would die off.
3) Without water, life as we know it would cease to exist, last of all, without the geosphere, there would be no world to live on.
Air pollution occurs in many forms, but can generally be though of as gaseous and particulate contaminants that are present in the Earth's atmosphere. Also known as gaseous
are those that are emitted directly into the air from pollution sources
are formed when primary pollutants undergo chemical changes in the atmosphere
There are many harmful effects from polluted air, but what is this air pollutant?
Polluted air can damage and/or hurt plants and the outside of buildings, which is a big deal!
There are many of careers in the geoscience field.
They can range from Environmental Engineers to Environmental Lawyers to K-12 and higher education teachers
AND! Among the 2011-12 graduates who majored in the natural sciences and mathematics reported an average entry-level salary of $43,000-a-year!
Known as one of the fathers of
and geological mapping
He notice patterns in the layers of Earth. And that helped us developed a time scale about the Earth’s life cycle!
A system is a group of interdependent parts enclosed within a certain boundary.
A subsystem is a self-contained system within a larger system.
is air being used as the heat source
This awesome guy made important discoveries about the internal structure of the Earth
We all know this guy.
He came up with the idea of Continental Drift
The Cryosphere portions of Earth's surface where water is in solid form, including sea ice, lake ice, river ice, snow cover, glaciers, ice caps and ice sheets, and frozen ground.