Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Who I Admire
Transcript of Who I Admire
Tatiana and Michael Ovechkin
was born on September 17, 1985 in Moscow, Russia.
At the age of two, in a Soviet toy store, Alexander grabbed
a toy stick and helmet and refused to let go.
He started playing the game at the age of 7
and was a natural from the start.
He set records all his life for his hockey achievements.
He plays a game he loves and gets
paid a tremendous amount of money to do so. Alex Ovechkin •NHL All-Rookie Team: 2006
•NHL First All-Star Team: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
•NHL Second All-Star Team: 2011
•NHL All-Star Game selections: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
•NHL All-Star Game SuperSkills Competition - "Breakaway Challenge" Winner (2008, 2009, 2011)
•Hart Memorial Trophy (MVP): 2008, 2009
•Lester B. Pearson Award/ Ted Lindsay Award (Most Outstanding Player): 2008, 2009, 2010
•Art Ross Trophy (Scoring Leader): 2008 (112 points)
•Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy (Most Goals): 2008 (65 goals), 2009 (56 goals)
•Kharlamov Trophy – 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
•Calder Memorial Trophy – NHL Rookie of the Year: 2006
•NHL Player of the Year – The Sporting News: 2008, 2009 Awards and Acheivements
• First player to win the Art Ross Trophy, Maurice Richard Trophy, Lester B. Pearson Award and Hart Memorial Trophy as well as win all four in a single season (Note: The Maurice Richard Trophy was established for the 1998–99 season).
• Only player to be named to the NHL First All-Star Team in each of his first five seasons
• Most goals scored by a left-winger in a season (2007–08) – 65 goals
• Most points scored by a left-wing rookie (2005–06) – 106 points
• Most shots on goal by a left-winger in a season (2008–09) – 528 shots
• Most shots on goal by a rookie in a season (2005–06) – 425 shots
• Point streak in consecutive games to start an NHL career by a No. 1 overall pick (2005–06) – 8 games
• Most regular season points by a Russian-born NHL rookie (2005–06) – 106 points
• Fastest overtime goal – 6 seconds; (December 15, 2006 vs. Atlanta Thrashers; tied with Mats Sundin and David Legwand) NHL RECORDS HE HOLDS •Most seasons with 50 or more goals – 4 (2005–06, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2009–10)
•Most shots on goal in a season – 528 (2008–09)
•Most goals in a season (2007–08) – 65 goals
•Most power play goals in a season (2007–08) – 22 PP goals (tie with Peter Bondra)
•Most career overtime goals – 10 OT goals
•Most career penalty shots attempted – 6 shots (most recent on January 17, 2010)
•Most goals in a season by a rookie (2005–06) – 52 goals
•Most points in a season by a rookie (2005–06) – 106 points
•Point streak by a rookie – 11 games (17 points; 5 goals, 12 assists), March 18 – April 7, 2006
•Point streak by a rookie to start season – 8 games
•Goal streak by a rookie – 7 games, February 10 – March 8, 2006 TEAM RECORDS HE HOLDS Alexander Mikailovich Ovechkin, the son of Tatiana and Michael Ovechkin was born on September 17, 1985 in Moscow, Russia.
Before Ovechkin came to the NHL, Ovechkin played in Russia for HC Dynamo Moscow. Ovechkin played at Dynamo Moscow from 2001-2004.
In 2003, the Florida Panthers attempted to draft Ovechkin, but his birthday was 2 days past the cutoff date that season making him ineligible to be drafted.
Rick Dudley, the GM of the Florida Panthers tried to bypass this by saying that the pick was legitimate
because of leap years.In 2004 Ovie was drafted 1st overall by the Washington Capitals. Sadly, Ovechkin was picked the year that the
NHL was in the lockout.In 2006, his rookie year, Ovechkin added 54 assists to the 52 goals. BIOGRAPHY BIO CONT'D He also set a NHL record for longest goal streak by a rookie scoring goals in 7 consecutive games.
On December 15, 2006, Alex scored 6 seconds into the overtime period in a game against the Atlanta Thrashers. This was equal to the record time, shared/set by Mats Sundin and David Legwand.
Alex scored 52 goals as a rookie, 46 as a sophomore, and 65 in his 3rd year in the league.
Ovi plays the Left wing although he sometimes plays the point on the powerplay.
In the 2007-08 season, he won the Rocket Richard and Art Ross trophies. He also won the Lester B. Pearson Award as the top player voted by the NHL Players' Association and the Hart Memorial Trophy as the league's MVP
Alex signed a new contract in January 2008 for 13 seasons. He will average 9 Million over the first 6 seasons, and around 10 Million for the final seven!
Alex's mother Tatyana Ovechkin was also an athlete and won two gold medals playing Basketball for Russia in the Summer Olympics, in 1976 and 1980. I admire Alex Ovechkin because:
He plays the game I love
He inspires me to play like him
He is one of the best to ever play the game Why I Admire Alex Ovechkin