Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Investigatory Project
Fruits and its Relation to pH Level Karen Amora
Cosette Dela Merced
Ma. Betina Sunga There are experiments that involve the circuitry/electric circuits involving fruit or some form of gourd. It is said that fruit can conduct electricity due to the electrolytes found in them. - More variations of fruits with differentiating contents to be tested
- More contents and physical attributes of each fruit are also being considered and tested
- Use of other variance besides fruits
- Experimenting with rotten fruits
- An experiment about the acidity strength of each fruit Objectives Background of
the Study Hypothesis Methodology Findings Analysis
of Data Our Investigatory project is based off a classic grade school science experiment: The fruit battery. Our group wanted to see what was it about the fruit that allowed it to conduct electricity properly. The claim that the more acidic a fruit is the better conductor of electricity is still unvalidated. Given that statement, this experiment is going to test whether not it was true and whether or not the fruit battery can be a proper and viable source of energy. • Determine the pH levels of the juices present in different fruits.
• Determine the voltage produced of the electricity conducted by the different fruits.
• Identify what the relationship is between the pH level of the fruit and the amount of electricity can conduct. Scopes and Limitations Materials and Equipment: - 4 Apples
- 4 Lemons
- 4 Limes
- 4 Oranges
- 4 Pears
- 5 Copper Nails
- 5 Zinc Nails - Digital Multitester
- Analog Multitester
- Digital pH Indicator
- pH Paper Strips
- Beakers A fruit that has a larger amount of acidity can generate more electricity. Moreover, the amount of electricity produced by the fruit will be greater than the amount of electricity a battery can produce thus the fruits would be proven viable as an alternative energy resource The readings differed when the two multitesters were used but at the same time they had an accurate measurement of voltage. Each of the fruits’ electricity conducted, measured in voltage, vary from each other. Despite the lemon and lime being the most acidic of the fruits, the results show how they conducted the least amount of electricity. Conclusion -Two testers were used to test the fruits and the results came out the same, the lemon and lime were still the fruits to conduct the least amount of electricity - the Ph reader only determines whether the substance is more of an acid or a base not the strength of the acid -The strength of the acid is the one that determines whether or not the fruit is able to conduct more electricity - In the end of it all the group has discovered that the pH level of the fruit has nothing to do with the ability of the fruit to conduct electricity. Recommendations - Other factors like ionic properties may be researched through Ionic Chromatography to further indicate the concentration present within the selected fruits. The experiment however, is limited towards the testing of acidity or pH levels as a basis of a fruit's electrical conductor due to the fact that Ionic Chromatography is conducted with advanced level research and advanced science equipment.
- The extent of the experiment would also cover the use of fresh fruits. This limitation is set in order to prevent other factors that would alter the fruit's acidity like the preservatives used in packaged fruits available in supermarkets.